1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question with copyright / DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MaJiC27, Jan 22, 2005.

1. MaJiC27

MaJiC27 Member

I have successfully copied my first dvd ten minutes ago... and I was proud of myself until i tried the next one. Well the problem is that after i put in the DVD that i wished to copy, DVD Shrink analyzed until 97% then said 'error copyrighted' I'm not sure what to do when i get to this problem so i tried to Decrypt the dvd... after succesfully doing that... well, honestly, i am lost and don't know what to do next. I would appreciate anyone that can advise me the basic way to get through copying a copyrighted dvd..

2. MaJiC27

MaJiC27 Member

Well... now my dvd decryper is giving the this error:
    Device: [1:1:0]HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B 0030 (E:) (ATA)
    File Name: VTS_02_1.VOB
    Reason: There were no vulnerable blocks

now i am really lost and confused... help with this problem or just basically copying a copyrighted DVD will be much appreciated...

3. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

which version of DVD Decrypter are you using?

4. brobear

brobear Guest

The easiest decrypter for beginners is AnyDVD from http://www.slysoft.com . They have a 3 week trial. Read the product description at the website to understand operation. Then let it run all the time. With difficult movies, I rip to the HD with the latest version of DVD Decrypter, currently 3.5.2.0, in file mode. With Shrink you choose "Open Files" on the navigation bar and continue as usual with Shrink. Letting Nero burn automatically with Shrink once the DVD has been encoded is my choice of burner setups. CopyToDVD is another good choice and DVD Decrypter is a choice if the files are encoded to an ISO image. Those 3 are supported to burn automatically. An encoded HD image can be burned with most decent DVD burning apps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2005