1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jeryinlbc, Jan 5, 2005.

1. jeryinlbc

jeryinlbc Member

Hello,

Since I upgraded to the new version of Dvd Decryptor I can only read dvd disc at 1.5x to 2.0x. Do I need to change settings? Any suggeston is appreciated. Thank you.

2. wild77

wild77 Guest

In Decrypter left click [bold]Tools >Settings >Device[/bold] There will be a box to set the read speed. If you are still using the same burner, you should be able to set the speed to what you were at.

3. jeryinlbc

jeryinlbc Member

Thanks for the response. No luck, the read rate is at 1.5x to 2.0x. I don't use my burner to read dvd disc I use a pioneer Dvd Rom. I had no problems with the old version. My read rate was at 10x to 16x. I wonder if it's the new version of the decrypter causing the slow read rate. Anyone having similar problems? Thanks

4. wild77

wild77 Guest

What version Decrypter are you using?the new version just came out and is version 3.5.2.0 I am using 3.5.1.0 and have no problems with the read speed.I will be trying out the new version soon.

5. jeryinlbc

jeryinlbc Member

I upgraded to version 3.5.1.0. I don't understand why the slow read rate. I didn't know a newer version is available. Hopefully the current version will resolve my problem. It takes 45 to 54 minutes to read an entire dvd disc at 1.5x to 2.0x. I can't continue like this, Help!!!. Thank you

6. wild77

wild77 Guest

If you have the correct setting in Decrypter and are still getting slow read rates use [bold]Windows Device Manager[/bold] to check the settings for your drives.Are you getting slower burn times as well?Check out this thread http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/118589#746625 Or you can try doing a search on slow read times.Have you installed any other new software and do you disable all programs while reading and burning.I had a program called Restore,a backup program causing slow read times.Once I disabled it read times went from 40 to 50 minutes to under 15.There are other programs that are known to cause problems as well.Good Luck.