1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by alinares, Feb 9, 2005.

1. alinares

alinares Regular member

is this true that you can play burn games without a mod-chip hit me back thanks

2. Hrdrk20

Hrdrk20 Regular member

I only wish I could hit you back the way I would like to lol. You need to look into softmodding which is easy for some and impossible for most.

3. BR7

BR7 Regular member

lol

4. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Ummmmmmm let me think about it.....Nope,nein,nicht!!!lol. Seriously, you need a modchip with a hacked Microsoft Bios!! If you buy a modchip it will only come with the cromwell Bios which is a legal bios for you to run linux on your xbox. You can find the bios from the usual as it would be against forum rules for me to give out that kind of info..Softmodding is an alternative to a modchip. You can use Ltools and action replay(or another way to get saved games from your computer to your xbox) Saved game file for the game of your choice I think it's(Mechassault,Splinter Cell,or agent under fire) Saved game file named ltools_dashes.zip(this allows you to have a different dashboard instead of the default.[you can add evox,unleashx,and avalaunch])

5. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

Hacking, in this case, refers to the idea of uncovering the structure of how they went about designing and implementing the console so it can be exploited. Since Mr. Gates isn't just going to give away their design this is the only option. Luckily there are geniuses out there that have hacked the bios and written new ones. So how do you replace the current bios you ask?? You could flash the current bios with a new one but that's fairly tricky. The most popular alternative is to buy another bios chip(the infamous "modchip")and put it in front of the original bios chip so to speak. That way when the xbox goes to look for a bios it is fooled into looking for the replacement modchip, which has a bios on it. Installing the modchip is the hardest part of the project. You will undoubtedly be haunted by the word "DO", in time you will know the meaning of that word!! I would rather go with a modchip and install a bigger hd to utilize the full potential of the chip.