1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by msmal, Mar 2, 2005.

1. msmal

msmal Member

What program do you suggest for backing up dvd's? I know there are ALOT out there and would love some input here.

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

How about doing a "Search"? There many threads and many opinions expressed through out these Forums as to which program is better, etc.

I think you need to read a number of these yourself and form your own opinion and decide if you want retail, freeware or a combination of both.

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The most common programs suggested to new members just starting out are DVD Shrink and DVD decrypter because they are both free downloads. They both decrypt but Shrink can't do the burn back. It can use Decrypter or Nero to do that automatically if you set up Shrink properly in the settings. Some of the new movies since about December 2004 are using new encryptions which Shrink can't handle but Decrypter can. They can be downloaded off the software tab at page top. Guides on how to use them off the guide tab there too. Those will get you started. If you want to purchase a good combination that can handle all movies at this time go to http://www.slysoft.com and purchase the Clonedvd and Anydvd package for $59.00. This is my primary backup software for over a year now. Well worth the money. Stay away from the X Copy products since support in some locations doesn't exist and they can't decrypt the new encryption without help. Good luck.

Jerry

4. Gringle

Gringle Guest

You'll only learn by reading, other folks problems.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2005