1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jasper44, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Jasper44

Jasper44 Regular member

Im not entirely sure if this is possible but here is my question...I download tv shows using bittorrent and want to put them on dvd because it would easier to watch them that way then on the computer.

I want to compress them with dvd shrink so I can put a bunch of them onto dvd. Is that even possible? I know they can be put onto dvd because I did it with DvdSanta but I want to be able to compress them so that I can get more onto a dvd...and the other problem is that dvdsanta had to convert the file format to put it onto dvd so how would I do that with dvd shrink or would I compress it then have dvd santa convert it. I hope this is making sense and any help would be great. Im not a newbie when it comes to this stuff but I just don't know how to do this part so don't be afraid to use big words.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I've never used DVDsanta but if it will make a DVD folder on your HDD with your TV shows then there is no reason not to run a few of them together with Shrink.

They do have to be DVD-Video compliant for Shrink to accept them though.

I'd process as usual with DVDSanta and just try and burn to a location on the Hard drive. Once you get a few VIDEO_TS folders ready, Open Shrink, Open Files, Re-Author and then simply grab a few of the DVDSanta Video_TS folders and put them in the compilation window. Once you get a few in there just back them up to a location on your hard drive or set Shrink to burn with Nero or Decrypter.

3. loveya

loveya Guest

Can you make your Q more clear? Also, don't post 2 thread w/ the same Q. I'm not sure but I'll try my best to help. If you can convert DVDSanta into DVD Shrink, then I think it's possible. Try re-authoring it. You prob. won't get it. Try to find "Scuba Peet", he is probaly the best person who can explain this to you. (He has a site)I learned this from his site and him.

According to what I know:
    1. open shrink
    2. open files
    3. locate the file where you have saved it (movies/dvds/whatever)
    4. open it
    5.click re-author
    6. the file/movies should be to the right under "DVD BROWSER"
    7. Double click or drag the "thing" you want 2 copy 2 the left under "Re-authored DVD"
    8. Then Back up
    9. Done!! :)
    Or (easier)
    1. Open shrink
    2. click re-author
    3. To the right, you see "DVD BROWSER"
    4. find the file. (continue on top at #7)

If this does not work,you should try to explain it clearer.
    Hope this help. Am I right Scuba Peet?
    The crowd is going wild I rock!! Loveya.

4. loveya

loveya Guest

Sorry, I thought dvdsanta was a dvd, sorry. Don't mind me.

5. loveya

loveya Guest

Contribute to #7. Browse and drag all the thing u want to to the left under re-authored dvd. Browse through all the thing and drag the 1 u 1 2 the right.

6. Jasper44

Jasper44 Regular member

Yea, I didn't mean to post it twice but I don't know what I was doing when I hit submit on the first one because I had only wrote like 4 words so I just edited the post and put a period there. Also thanks for the help.

7. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Pete's guides are at my website:

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com

Just click on ScubaPete in the upper right corner or check the list of guides on the upper left nav area.

As far as making two posts, welcome to the club. It is quite different when someone just enters the same question twice in a row compared to seeing the same question in different forums.

lovya....right on!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  8. travalon

travalon Regular member

I have a program called "Jfuse movie" that splices together video files. I haven't really played with it yet but it seems to setup a dvd lik a vhs tape w/no menues. You have to fast fwd to where you want.

9. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

http://www.jfuse.com

This is from Jfuse's website:

"Join MPEG, AVI, DivX, or MP3 Files
    Jfuse allows you to join multiple MPEG (MPG), AVI, DivX, or MP3 files together seamlessly so they can be played as a larger movie or song. You can add many files to be joined, or you can remove files from the list. The resulting files can be played through your system's default movie viewer from within Jfuse. Jfuse is the most complete video Joiner software available and the latest release has some handy features and improves the MPEG Joiner process.
    Purchase Jfuse now for only $20.
    All future upgrades and technical support is included!"

Looks like a very handy program.