1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question.

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by sasha1970, Jul 2, 2007.

1. sasha1970

sasha1970 Member

I really hope this does not sound like a silly question,but does your PC need to have a card reader in order to play Nintendo DS games?

2. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

To play real DS games, no.

To play backups, it depends on the device you use.
    Anything that uses removable media (the R4, the whole M3 range, the whole supercard range) require a card reader for the memory cards they use (the R4DS and M3DSS come with the card reader)

Devices with built in memory (the DS-X, the G6 range) come with they're own methods of copying games onto the card. (the DS-X has a USB port and a usb cable, the G6 comes with it's own USB 'burner' to copy games onto it)

3. sasha1970

sasha1970 Member

Thank you. Basically im just looking to download DS ROMS and then be able to transfer them to my DS LITE from my PC with all the correct pieces of kit ect. I read your thread at the top of the forum but to tell you the truth its just like reading Japanese, in other words im no computer wizard which you have allready probably gatherd. My PC does not have a card reader so i take it im unable to do as i wish? Regards.

4. spathi

spathi Regular member

I know that the R4 and M3DSS come with a card reader, so you only have to buy a microsd card (which you are better off buying as bundled with the card from someone who is known to provide the good Japanese made Kingstons)

I would like to believe that any other flash cart that uses extendable memory comes with a card reader. If you are looking for something specific other than the M3Simply/R4, post it here and I/we can find out if it comes with a reader or not.

In any case a USB card reader costs like $10. You dont have to upgrade your PC to use a card reader :D

5. sasha1970

sasha1970 Member

Thanks for the info.. really helpful :)