1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about 3.02 OE-A

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by eastside8, Apr 9, 2007.

1. eastside8

eastside8 Guest

Im thinking about trying to upgrade to this custom firmware using this basic installer for 1.5 (my psp has 1.5 firmware)but i need to know some facts before i try so i don't brick my psp.
    1).My memory stick is only 30 mb so i was wondering if all the files will fit before i try to use it.The installer has 2 things to install the recovery files and then the OE-A installer (recovery says it uses 14mb while the OE-A uses 18mb).
    2).Which one should i install first and does the OE-A files take memory away from the memory stick since it's writing to the flash drive or not.Im worried that all the files might not get copied to the memory which could cause me to brick my psp without recovering back so if anyone understands what im trying to explain please help.

2. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

theres not much point upgrading if you only have a 32MB memory card, you wouldn't be able to do anything with it anyway.

Just buy a decent size card then do it.

[EDIT] for typo

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  3. eastside8

eastside8 Guest

But is it possible to install with my small memory because i was going to try to use ir shell (if possible)to play games so it won't use my memory sticks memory.I have used ir shell to play other games and emulators but i don't know if it will work with this psx emulator

4. The_Arc

The_Arc Regular member

Yup i did it, the process just takes longer for some reason. When it starts making the DXAR file it takes around 15mins with a 32mb, but only around 10 with a bigger one.