1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about 3.03 OE-B

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by cos_play, Jan 15, 2007.

1. cos_play

cos_play Member

I am currently using 3.03 OE-B on my TA-082 psp with a 4gb sandisk mc

1. Will it be stable if i play homebrew games using device hook 0.46 with FW 2.71?
    currently i play tis way,it is still fine but i heard my frens says it is rather unrecomended coz it will cause unstability or it will sometimes crash.

2. In recovery menu under configuration -> game folder homebrew
    What is the suitable kernel? 1.5 kernel or 3.03 kernel?
    Why?

3. What will happen if i accidently clicked on PSP Update ver 2.00 jus above Memory Stick?

4. When i ON/OFF my psp,the Virtiua Tennis UMD spin sound is quite loud & u can feel it spins quite heavily compared to my frens psp. when we both change umds,he will hav tis problem,while mine is silently. Is it becoz of my UMD?

5. When i play virtua tennis in multiplayer mode in CPU speed Default, sometimes we lag then my psp will hang while my fren's psp will state i disconnect from the game. is it becoz of my 4gb memory card?

6. My sandisk 4gb memory card which is transparent red sometimes be read by my psp quite slow compared to my 2gb mc when i reboot/ON my psp.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

2. Bytrix

Bytrix Member

1. There is no need for devhook unless you want to play via wifi.

2. I set mine to 1.5, everything I've used works using that setting.

3. The update will inform you that your PSP version is already up to date.

4. Sounds like it. Even a minute bit of slack in the UMD could cause this. Don't think it'll cause any damage though.

5/6. With your 4gb memstick inserted go to GAME -> MEMSTICK and press triangle, then choose information. if it says Magic-Gate supported it's most likely a 'real' card. If it says Unkown I'd recommend you download the Memstick checker which will confirm if you have a fake or real stick.

If it is real and still slow you might want to check if it's FAT32 or FAT, and reformat it back to FAT (or using the reformat option in the PSP).

3. cos_play

cos_play Member

I check the memory card information,it stated it is supported

MY memory card currently now is FAT32,i will try formating to FAT n see does it helps or not.

a really BIG THANKS to u,Bytrix for answering my questions

4. cos_play

cos_play Member

My 4gb mc can only format in FAT32 format only :sigh:

5. Bytrix

Bytrix Member

Why? If you format from the menu in the PSP it should format it to FAT16. The only reason I could imagine why you are unable to format to FAT32 is if you're trying to do it from the PC AND you are running older than Windows 2000/XP

6. shedeus

shedeus Regular member

youre missing the point with 3.03 OEB. You DONT need devhook anymore with it.