1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about backup, may i please have assistance?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Boston84, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

im somewhat new to backing up and am hoping somebody can answer my questions. I bought the samsung drive and extracted the .dvd and iso. Im planning on using imgburn to burn them. Do i just straight burn the .dvd file or do i have to remove the layerbreak=1913760 from it? I manually put in 1913760 in the imgburn program if that makes a difference. And my other question :if i manually set my bitsetting to dvd-rom in imgburn, does that mean it is just set for that program or for every burning program once i switch it in imgburn? Thank you

2. modster

modster Regular member

1. use cloneCD it's easier. But you can use imageBurn too, and the layer break is ok.

2. once you booktype your dvd burner to ROM, it will apply to all burning software... imageBurn, nero, cloneCD, etc. this is so because once you bit set your dvd burner, it will set it in the dvd burner firmware. some dvd burner will be set temporary some will be permanent. you have to see your dvd burn manual for this option.

cheers

3. billz

billz Active member

if your using imgburn remove the layer breaker in image with notepad

4. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Thanks for the help. Another question if you dont mind, i have verbatims and memorex dual layer, should i even bother with the memorex? i have a hitachi drive if that matters.