1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questions about backups with chip Modded PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by canania, Apr 27, 2005.

1. canania

canania Guest

i was just curious, if i have a chhiped ps2, would all any backup of a game work, or do i have to patch them? is it a 1:1 copy or more work to it?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

with a good modchip you won't have to patch or rebild any games. And no more swapping either. The only thing you may have to patch is when you play online. I have not tried it yet so i am not sure about that one.

3. canania

canania Guest

i have a dms4 lite...is that good?

so far i backedup

spider-man2
    virtua fighter 4
    capcom vs snk 2
    devil may cry 2

they all seem to work fine...

id' like to know a little more about the patches..know of a place with some good info to read about.?

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

The dms4 lite is a sweet chip! It is almost the exact same as the dms4 pro, except Pro has 2MB of flash memory which allows you to store legal ELF's in it's internal memory.

You will not need to use patches canania, so I would just say don't worry about it.

5. canania

canania Guest

thanks guys, you been a big help.... so backuping up games with dnas is the samething right..all i am missing is the online feature, because i read that some people had problems doing backups with dnas?

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, if you want to start adding a DNAS to your burned games, follow the tutorial found here: http://ps2nfo.com/on-line.html

I never do that anymore, just because I am not a big fan of going online (well for ps2 anyways). But check it out if ya want.

7. canania

canania Guest

i really don't want to play online...just play the game

8. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well I'm in the same boat as you are canania :)