1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about burners,Media, and BitSetting

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by PackerFan, Feb 7, 2005.

1. PackerFan

PackerFan Member

Hello all. I'm not a complete newbie, but I need some help. I have a LiteOn SOHW 812S Firmware US0Q, and have been having problems with PS2 and movie backups. I bought the LiteOn because a few years ago I bought the LiteOn LTR 52327S CD/RW to back up games. It was perfect. It had EMF correcting and would make perfect 1:1 Backups with Alcohol 120. So I assumed thier DVD burners would be the same. Is this a decent burner? Or is media the problem? In the forums a year ago the talk was about Ridata DVD-R, as the best. I bought a 50 pack of them, and had no problems. They were(G04), well I then bought 100 at Supermedia store and they are (G05) and they fail about 75% of the time. PS2 backups wont work at all, and the movies work until the end of the film when the picture gets pixilated and sound goes nuts. Ive tried burning with different programs, tried different speeds (BTW in NERO 6.6 and Alcohol 120, and DVD Decrypter I cant burn slower then 4X?????) So the main questions are, is my burner decent enough, is it the media, and if so, what and where should I get media. Oh and what is bitsetting? And how do I find out if my burner is capable. Thank You

Win XP Pro SP@
    P42.8 c 800FSB
    1GB DDR 400 PC3200
    2@WD 36.7 Raptors Raid 0
    Swap Magic with fliptop

2. Noqoilpi

Noqoilpi Regular member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005