1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about burning PS2 DVD ISO to successfully play on Slim PS2 Game Console

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by adsokfjng, Nov 29, 2007.

1. adsokfjng

adsokfjng Member

I have been trying to make sense of how to burn a PS2 game a have it work on a PS2 game console. Everybody seems to do it different which confuses me because I am looking for consistancy to understand the process. Here are my questions. Does it matter if you use DVD-+RW or DVD-+R for use on the PS2 console? Do I need some other software like game swap to get it to work on PS2? I burned game swap v3.6 Pal and the PS2 didn't even read it but that was on a DVD-+RW. Now I bought some DVD-+R. Is it because of the PAL version or DVD-=RW or both? Which game swap should I be using there are 500 version that all say that they work on all versions of PS2 console. If so why do they have so many damn versions to confuse people? One more question. Now that a mod chip is not nessacary and they don't make a slide tool for the Slim PS2 is the only other option is to by the three piesce parts set and take apart the PS2 console and install the three little plastic pieces in the nessacary places? I can't believe the hoops sony has created to try and prevent people from copying and using games as we alol do freely in every other industry that uses cd/dvd media. If any one can shed a little light my way I think I can find my way out of this PS2 game burning maze. Thanks a billion!

2. mumbomum

mumbomum Regular member

Does it matter if you use DVD-+RW or DVD-+R for use on the PS2 console? no it doessnt Do I need some other software like game swap to get it to work on PS2? yes you either need swap magic or a ps2 chip I burned game swap v3.6 Pal and the PS2 didn't even read it but that was on a DVD-+RW. Now I bought some DVD-+R. Is it because of the PAL version or DVD-=RW or both? swap v3.6- is this swap magic? if it is you cant play copied swap magics. some of your other questions are to complicated to answer.

3. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Yeah it would help if you broke up your paragraph a little.

4. schweet

schweet Guest

Does it matter if you use DVD-+RW or DVD-+R for use on the PS2 console?<<

Yes. Don't use RW, and +R is better from slims than -R.

Do I need some other software like game swap to get it to work on PS2?<<

Game swap? Are you talking about Swap Magic?

I burned game swap v3.6 Pal and the PS2 didn't even read it but that was on a DVD-+RW<<

Once again are you talking about Swap Magic? You can't use a back-up of Swap Magic, it has to be an original disc.

Which game swap should I be using there are 500 version that all say that they work on all versions of PS2 console<<

The latest version.

Now that a mod chip is not nessacary and they don't make a slide tool for the Slim PS2 is the only other option is to by the three piesce parts set and take apart the PS2 console and install the three little plastic pieces in the nessacary places?<<

They do make a slide tool for the slim:

http://www.swapmagic3.com/Swap_Magic_News.htm

Scroll down that page.