1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about Dvd files

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by tman7777, Mar 17, 2005.

1. tman7777

tman7777 Guest

I use dvd decrypter now and dvd shrink. My question is with decrypter when I decrypt the movie and make it into an ISO file I can't play the movie on my computer. Before when I used Any dvd it would save to my HD and it could be open up and viewed. I tried to decrypt the movie as a File instead of an ISO but when i open it up with shrink it tells me it's not a valid file. Can somone tell me in "newbie words"? Thanks.

2. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

I could be wrong, but I think what you need to do is "mount" the ISO, thereby allowing you to view it on your computer. Unless I'm mistaken, Nero's ImageDrive tool can do this. I also think Alcohol 120% has this capability. I think both have free trial versions available so you can experiment a bit.

Regards,

DF

3. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

Also you could use Daemon Tools, which is free to mount the .iso.It's in the downloads section on here. Also there are some players that can open/play .iso's and dvds ripped in File mode.
    When your trying to open it up in shrink, are you keeping the dvd files you ripped in a seperate folder? What I mean is you only have one movie per folder right? I have used shrink with both .iso's and vob,bup,ifo....

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I'm not sure about ISO's but you can view decrypted movies in file mode with Intervideo WinDVD6.