1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about DVDXCopy Platinum

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by inmate85, Jan 22, 2008.

1. inmate85

inmate85 Member

I'm trying to back up one of my DVDs using DVDXCopy Platinum. I have 2 drives in my computer. My master is DVD-RW and the slave DVD-Ram drive.
    My DVD-ram can back up DVD+R and DVD-r discs but my DVD-RW can only back up DVD-R discs. I'm trying to use DVD+R.
    After DVDXCopy copy the files to the harddrive(using DVD-RAm)and about to burn, i inserted the DVd+R disc into the DVD-Ram drive, it does not recognize the disc. When i put my DVD-R dics to my main drive (DVD-RW) it does recognize it and able to burn but i want it in DVD+R though.
    Can someone explain to me why this happen?

2. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Firmware update time for both drives

3. inmate85

inmate85 Member

My Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104 is updated with filmware 1.41 and my LiteOn DH20A4H is new that i just bought with filmware QP53.
    Why do you think i have to update anywayz?

4. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

Firmware (updates) helps burners recognize different discs and tell them (burners) how to optimally burn the discs

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

@inmate
    Unless there is a modified firmware that will allow your Pioneer to burn DVD+R, you cannot make that bad boy burn on DVD+R. It was not born to do that.

Your Pioneer DVR-104 will only write DVD-R(W). Period. Considering that it was born around 2002, be glad it still burns DVD-R.

http://www.dvdwriters.co.uk/reviews/pioneer/dvr104p1.htm

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  6. inmate85

inmate85 Member

The program i used was DVDXcopy. After it copy the file to harddrive, it will tell you to insert a DVD. If it recognize it, you can press the start button and start burning, but here is the problem, i want to burn onto a DVD+R so i want to burn on the Liteon. When i put the DVD+r in, the drive did not reconize the dvd because i can't press start button (button didn't light up & I waited a long time). So i took that disc out and take different dvd (dvd-r) and put it in the pioneer (main drive), the light when up and ready to burn. So what is the problem?
    Does it have to do with the Liteon being a slave? I just want to know.

i understand it can't burn DVD+R.

7. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

What brand is your +R media ?

8. inmate85

inmate85 Member

http://i32.tinypic.com/2rqlut3.jpg

i also tried to burn it as one process. Putting the original dvd in the pioneer and the blank disc in Liteon. DVDXcopy did recognize it, burned so fast that couldn't even play on the dvd player. (i guess you can't adjust the speed)

9. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Okay, so you want to burn DVD+R and is not recognized, not with the Pioneer.

You said that "you put the DVD+R in the LiteOn, and it did not recognize i"t. When you take out the DVD+R from the LiteOn, instead of putting a DVD-R in the Pioneer, put one in the LiteOn, see if it would go.