1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about HDAdvance 2.0

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by missy_mel, Dec 15, 2004.

1. missy_mel

missy_mel Member

Greetings.

A computer store in my area are offering HDAdvance 2.0 for $44.50 (Australian Dollars, cause thats where I live) without a hard drive.

What I want to know, is that it says you can copy games directly to the Hard Drive, and play them off the hard drive.

Ive been to the HDAdvance website, and Im still a little confused (yes I am a ditzy blonde, aka jessica simpson)

The questions I would like to ask are:

Q. If I have an original copy of the game, Can I play it off the hard drive without a modchip

Q. Lets say I got some copied games, can I play them off the Hard Drive? Do I need a mod?

Q. Is the HDAdvance worth getting, instead of getting my PS2 modded?

Thankyou very much for your help.

Mel
    (A Ditzy Dont know much blonde)

2. IguanaC64

IguanaC64 Member

Yes...HDAdvance works as a modchip in this situation.

See above...once the game has been transferred to the hard drive you no longer need keep the original around.

Well...that's completely up to you. Modchips offer you some extra functionality that HDAdvance doesn't:

1) You have kids that will probably scratch up your HDAdvance disk
    2) You want the ability to directly boot off a mem card or hard drive (in case you want to go completely without the CD/DVD drive...)
    3) Better compatibility (tho, HDAdvance has pretty good compatibility)

3. missy_mel

missy_mel Member

Thanks for the answers.

Im off to get one now.

Cheers!