1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about making backups

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by loopit, Nov 18, 2004.

1. loopit

loopit Member

Is there a max write speed I should use when burning CD-R/DVD-R games? WHich speed works best?

Does anybody have any idea why a backup that I downloaded (Need for Speed Underground 1) on a CD-R would load OK, but then all the info on the TV scrolls (instead of just remaining on the screen)? I burned the disc at 4x. Is there anyway to fix this by burning it differently? I used a Verbatim 80min/700MB disk using Toast 6.x on my PowerBook G4. This also happened when I burned a DVD-Rip [off www.ps2rip.com] of Hitman onto a DVD-R disk [Maxell 4.7 GB].

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

Try burning at the slowest speed possible for the best results.

The screen rolls because the game uses a different video signal than your tv does. Put the game into your cd/dvd drive. Does the disc contain an SLUS or SLES file?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2004
  3. loopit

loopit Member

That makes sense. Is there anyway to change it in the file (if one exists) so it will display properly on the TV? Or can I just change a setting on my TV for the current game? Is this something to do with the PAL / NTSC format? (not sure what each one is, just heard it a lot)

Yes, there is an SLES_519.67 file, but I opened it up in TextEdit and it's just a bunch of jibberish/encrypted code.

Also, when it asks to verify after burning a disk does it matter whether or not I do this? What exactly is it doing?