1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about online gaming with backups (socom, other games)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by arabian3, Oct 19, 2004.

1. arabian3

arabian3 Member

Ok, i need help, please help me.

Ok here goes, i just recently started backing up games and patching them online. I pateched socom 2, got online (with magic 3.1) and it let me past DNAS then kicked me under suspicion of cheating (i guess it detected the mod, no problem). BUT, when i try to boot the original with mod on, DNAS gives me a 402 error. If i turn off my chip, the original boots no problem. So why does it let me past dnas with the patched backup while the mod is on, but not the original. And is there a way to use the patched backup online without getting booted?

Another question, does anyone have a list of games that can actually be played online after being patched, or a list of games that boot you like socom for having a mod? Thanks in advance

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

well, to play originals online you've always had to turn the mod off... as far as the socom2 backup not going online try deleting the patch that you download and redownload. There was a problem with that new patch which would stop people with backups from going online but I heard that was happening because the servers wee so busy people were downloading corrupt patch or incomplete patch.