1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questions about playing umd's in custom firmware

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by hunnis, May 8, 2007.

1. hunnis

hunnis Member

First of all, I don't have my psp yet, but I should have it in my hands tomorrow with 3.40 oe-a already on it (bought it from a cousin). Anyway, I know I need a UMD in the drive to play most .isos off a memory stick, so I bought Syphon Filter greatest hits for like 10 bucks. Now, I am just wondering if it is fine to play retail umd's with custom firmware. Do any Umd's have auto firmware updates on them? It says something in the back of the game's book that the game has a "system update" on it. I'm afraid if I put that in it's going to try to update. I don't want to screw up custom firmware on my psp

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

No, it wont screw anything up. Even on those ones you have to choose if u want to update, it will treat you like you have regular firmware 3.40.

3. hunnis

hunnis Member

awesome, thanks. I figured that, but I wanted to ask before I ended up accidentally updating to official firmware.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  4. _mike_223

_mike_223 Guest

yup u can play Any retail UMD

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2007