1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about possible factors effecting the DVD burn quality

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mccmd, Nov 15, 2004.

1. mccmd

mccmd Member

1. Does burning DVD with a label on effect the quality of burn ?
    2. If Labels effect quality of burn is clear plastic preferable to paper?
    3. While burn is in progress should you NOT do anything else on your computer like play solitaire, surf the web or print
    4. Are there any differences between using +R or +RW other then the obvious RW re-write option and price differences?
    5. Does the playing of backups (burned on internal computer quality DVD drives) on Home theater quality DVD players with progressive scan and deinterlacers with 3/2 pulldown etc present any issues of concern?

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi mccmd, I'll try to answer your questions the best I can.
    1. The most commom problem with using labels is thought to be that they throw the disc off balance. If thats the case it won't matter when its on the disc it will still cause problems. I have also read some cases where they cause over-heating causing the disc to warp.
    2. Don't think it makes a difference what they are made out of.
    3. Best not to do anything while doing a dvd backup. The process uses most of your processor resources.
    4.No difference using a +R or RW except as you stated in cost. However some players may have a problem with reading a RW disc so check the player specs.
    5. If your home theater says it plays burned media then I don't see any reason to worry about it. Shouldn't be any issues. Some people say playing burned media is hard on a player. It may be slightly harder for a machine to read a burned disc but not enough to worry about.

Jerry