1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about Sansa e200 series

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by cap307, Jan 14, 2007.

1. cap307

cap307 Member

Hello all,

I just got an e280 Sansa so I'm still trying to get the hang of things.

There are songs that are showing up on my Sansa that say "Bad File" but when I plug it into my computer to delete them they are not there!

I have tried opening the Sansa folder in both USB modes but still the files that they say are "bad" are not showing up on my computer.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem??

2. tmr250z

tmr250z Guest

Those files are "ghost files" and are probably just corrupted songs.

Try a format and see if that helps (Formating your sansa will erase all of your stuff off of the player, so make sure you have it all saved on your computer first before preceding):

1. Make sure your player is in MSC mode.
    2. Connect the player to the computer, right click on it's drive letter (it should begin with "SANSA") and click "Format".
    3. Leave the fields as they are and click Start, wait a bit, then click ok, then click close.
    4. Safely disconnect your sansa by left single clicking on the drive icon in your system tray, click "Safely Remove Drives whatever, whatever".
    5. Your player should say "Disconnected" and now you can take out the USB cable. Doing it this way will prevent your songs from becoming corrupted.
    6. Now your player will restart and it will say " Refresh Database" and when it's done you can use your player.
    7. Reconnect the player back to your computer and copy all of your songs and/or videos back on the player as you did before.
    8. Disconnect your sansa safely are stated above.