1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about sd gecko

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by shabbadoo, Feb 22, 2008.

1. shabbadoo

shabbadoo Member

hey i tried posting this in the gamecube section, but it seems to be dead round there, and some of my questions apply to wii anyway.

basically im contemplating buying an sd gecko, for gamecube homebrew/backups and to test out the new twilight hack on my wii. ive just got a few questions id like answers to if anyone could help me out.

1.is gc homebrew/wii hack only compatible with sd gecko, not other adapters such as wiikey,or unbranded sd adapters?

2.does sd gecko have any special abilities, that other sd adaptors dont have?

3.is there any limit on the memory size of sd card that the sd gecko takes, e.g 4gb or more or sdhc cards?

these are my questions thanx

2. illuznist

illuznist Member

1. any type of a 'gecko' adapter should work

2. no

3. yes, doesnt support sdhc, so your limit is 2gb my friend.

cheers

3. sponkey21

sponkey21 Member

If you can afford the difference in price I would highly recommend getting a USB gecko instead of the SD Gecko. Its made by the same people, I believe, but it connects to your computer via USB 2 instead of having to use the limited size of an sd card. You can do full dvd dumps to the computer and also run the homebrew from your computer directly. Just something worth checking out, google it.