1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions abt downgrading 3.11

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by snypeshot, Jul 2, 2007.

1. snypeshot

snypeshot Member

I have a question
    i have a 3.11FW psp im gonig to buy lumines and pick up a 4GB memory card for downgrading (i have the wire). When i dongrade it to 1.50 i can play downloaded games?

If so, whats so big about the Custom Firmware? what does it do? I can install custom fw on my newly downgraded from 3.11>1.5 PSP right? i dont need to downgrade it to 1.00? Would you reccomend the latest OE Firmware?

What is DevHook? Why is it better/worse than custom firmware? I need to have a PSP on 1.00 or 1.50 to use devhook? or should i just not bother at all with it and stick to custom FW?

What is XMB? what is so good/bad about it?

What about Custom Icons? im fine w/ the ones i have right now, so i guess i couldn't care less about custom icons..

id really appreciate any suggestions and dont call me a noob i am going to establish the fact that ys, i am a noob when it comes to PSPs.

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

First of all you can't play ISO's until you update to custom firmware. You might have problems because you can't use 4gb memory sticks on 1.50. The reason custom firmware is so awesome is because you can easily play ISO's, you can customize your XMB (e.g. home screen with icons and waves), and play your legally owned PSX games. Devhook is outdated and useless, don't bother with it. You don't need to be on 1.00 for anything. So about that 4gb memory card, you should still get it but make sure when you downgrade/update to custom firmware you use one 2gb or under.

3. snypeshot

snypeshot Member

alright thank you. i think ill just stick w/ a 2G card.

so XMB is homescreen, icons, themes, etc?

and where can i download 3.40OE-A? because dark alex died..