1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions Concerning PS2 Backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Danman123, May 26, 2003.

1. Danman123

Danman123 Member

Ok, I have been searching this place high and low and have found occasional bits and pieces of information and I would like to go ahead and ask my remaining questions.

First off, I have Version 7 of the PS2, that I recently bought a flip top for. I have figured out the hard way, unfortunately, that gameshark 2 V3 doesn't work for backups. However, I have read in a couple different places that the other versions of Gameshark 2, such as version 2, doesn't work with PS2 V7 anyways, as in backing up games I suppose. Is this true? If not, which seems better to most; gameshark or swap magic2 disks?

Second, I am also interested in playing my backed up PSX games on my PS2. I have read that swap magic2 doesn't allow this, but the PS1 gameshark disk does. If this is true, is there a version that won't work like the gameshark 2 V3? Also, this allows for imports to be played correct?

On a side note, I was simply curious if there was a way to use gameshark cheats while still using the swap magic disks, I doubt it, but I had to ask.

I hope this was specific enough and that someone can help.

Thank you

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

A GS2 version 2 is what I have used from day 1 for both PS2 and PS1 BUT I always used a NEO 2.2 chip until recently, when I upgraded to a Messiah 2 Pro (thanx to L-Dubb right here on this forum).

For ease of use, Swap Magic is the best for use with a Flip Top for PS2 titles. If you want to kill 2 birds with one stone then you have to go with GS or AR BUT version 1.8 (I think) up to 2.0

Gameshark chaets in conjunction with Swap Magic I think does not work. But you could just use the correct version GS for codes AND to boot backups.