1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions for a Console Neewb ?? Before I buy Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by exibit, Jan 2, 2008.

1. exibit

exibit Member

Hi

Happy new year to all

I'm a PC Online games person but a friend of mine came over on new years eve with his Wii. I was very impressed so impressed that I am now trying to buy one. I have been reading on forums in regards to making one copy of your original games. But I have a few questions so if you can help many thanks.

1. The Wii has 2 USB connections - Can I connect an external hard drive with back ups of the original games on. How does the Wii see these files ie... are they thumbnails files and you just click the file and then the Wii auto starts. Or do the games have to to be burned to a DVD...??

2. IS the "Wii D2C chipset Mod Chip" the only MOD chip that will work on the current version of the Wii, ie... is this the best version to use..??

3. Why is the Stealth mode required on the MOD chip, can Nintendo see that the Wii has been chipped. As the D2CKey is fitted to the drive then is this a future proof way ..??

4. Once the Wii has been chipped can it still play the original games, stupid question but just checking..??

5. Once the Wii is connected to the wireless network can Nintendo see what files are on the external hard drive, does the Wii auto update when new firmware is available ..??

6. Not really bothered about playing MP3 or Div X files, GameCube games, just really want a stable platform for playing back ups fo PAL games.

Thanks again, just got to try and find a shop with stock without paying over the odds. Seems you can get it from Argos at the moment though they do have limited stock, though the bundles are rubish. SO I will have to wait for new stock to arrive in the Uk.

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

3. exibit

exibit Member

Many thanks for taking the time to reply,