1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions for ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Canucker6, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Canucker6

Canucker6 Member

So I finally played it, rocks as well, playing fall of man and love it. As for people saying there are no games for it, think about all the ps2 games you can rent as well. Anyhow just wondering if any thought if it better to stand it up, or lay it down for the fans? Is it needed to turn off the main powerswitch all the time? Can it play backed up dvds that are not blu-ray? Any problems that anyone has heard, like still no freezing/over heating problems I hope....and well I think that is about it for now.

2. ohhshiet

ohhshiet Member

i suggest you upgrade to 1.5 the backward compatibility has been resolved. also standing up/laying down it doesn't matter...as for freezing had mine since launch and nothing yet... if u want a linux on it, then install ydl, but for me i have computers to go on the internet and stuff, plus i dont wannt fill my HDD up with useless junk i might not use. also...you dont need to turn it off from the back, i never do...same goes for the ps2..if you want to be safe you can turn it off from the back switch, but it really doesn't matter... hope it helps

3. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

flipping the switch on the back IS NOT GOOD unless the ps3 is powered off first. This is widely known.

4. Canucker6

Canucker6 Member

I know NOT to turn off the switch at the back till I get the solid red light saying that the system is off, what I meant by the question was is it better for the system to turn it off completely or just leaving it in stand by mode.

5. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Stand-by mode is just fine. It won't hurt anything. In my case I only need to flip the switch, say if I'm moving the console, or taking it somewhere with me.