1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions on DVD Shrink & DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dayspring, Nov 11, 2004.

1. dayspring

dayspring Guest

Hi,

Firstley this is a kick ass site!!

It really helped me out mainley the thread
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/105641

But I have some DVD shrink related questions.

1. Copyed a film and shrink made the folders Video_TS & Audio_TS automaticlly, but if i want to create another copy of the film from these files on the hard drive how do I burn it from these files at the moment it goes through the whole process again, is there a quick way just to burn from these files?

2. I'm burning using Nero 6 express (It came with the burner software) is it possible to burn again using this or do I have to get nero 6 rom which I don't have!
    Should I just let DVD Decrypter burn the DVD for me will I lose any picture quality from nero or DVD Decrypter burning?

3. With Shrink does the full backup button, back up the 9Gb to the 4.7 DVD at a compressed mode wil all the menus and extras work

4. If I wanted to burn a DVD later but make a copy of the film to hard drive now, should I use this ISO thingy? or are the video_TS fils better for this? how do i do this with Shrink or is DVD Decrypter better for coping and burning

Any helpfull answers would be greatly recieved

Kind regards
    Dayspring

2. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

[bold]You need to clarify your questions.[/bold]

1 - at the moment what goes through that process again? quick way to burn from what files? creat another copy from which files..the DVD or the ones on your hard drive?

2 - Decrypter don't compress anything, I'm guessing your talking about Shrink? is it possible to burn what again?

3 - Yeah, If you do a full backup, all the menus and extras will still work after the backup and compression.

4 - For burning, use Nero. It should have a DVD-movie option, and you can copy your VIDEO_TS files into Nero's VIDEO_TS folder, and the same for the AUDIO_TS stuff.

So clarify your first two questions, and I'll see if I can get you an answer.

-EMAN

3. dayspring

dayspring Guest

HelloWrld
    Thank you for helping out.

1.& 2. Shrink burned the film "Love Actually" Now, can I burn another copy of the film from the Video_TS files that shrink created on my hard drive, by simply burning them using nero express 6 to a blank DVD-r

3. Can I do a full back up (keep all the menu's etc.) and still get rid off unwanted commentary, languages sub's etc, if so, how do I do this?

4. What are ISO files and are these quicker to create and burn then using the backup procedure which creates "Video_TS" folder and files in it. Is there a picture quality diffeence?

Thanks again

4. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

1&2, yes.

3 - Once you load up the DVD, open up the Plus signs under DVD Structure so that you can see every part of the DVD...click on any part you want to take audio out of, and you'll see those options on the right hand side of the screen, just turn off what you don't need. At the end, click Backup! and it'll keep everything intact and remove those audio/compression options that you changed.

4 - ISO files... http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/iso.cfm

For your purposes, you don't even need to deal with ISOs or decrypter, Shrink will do everything for you.

If you need any clarification, let me know.

-EMAN

5. dayspring

dayspring Guest

thanks for your advice,

I have tryed to burn "Lova Actually" from the hard drive files using Nero but after 4% it came up with an error which said that the disk could not "Disc at Once" or words t those affect

What am I doing wronge? and how do i fix it

6. HelloWrld

HelloWrld Member

ouch...on that one I'm not sure. I use Nero, I love Nero...but there are any number of errors like that. I think this is where I stop, I have no idea what to tell you. Hopefully someone else will be able to step in and help you out.

-EMAN