1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions regarding Messiah HK chip.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jdb34, Nov 26, 2004.

1. jdb34

jdb34 Member

I ordered a version 7(39001)premodded with the Messiah HK chip.

I can get the games I burned on DVD +R/RW's.
    But I tested a movie that was burned on a CompUSA DVD =R 1x, media, but the PS2 doesnt recognize it.
    Is it the media type or just the PS2 not reading -R's.

I order Ritek G04's few days ago, should be here shortly. I hope its just the media and not the entire Ps2, because then that would mean I just wasted all this money, to get a premodded PS2 that reads both types of media. My old version 4, didnt read -R's or it just took too long for me to be patient enough to wait for it to load.

2. hursty

hursty Active member

did u say your backup games work???

3. hursty

hursty Active member

my ps2 is equipped with messiah 2,for playing local region movies,the messiah should read them. OUT of region,you still need AR2/GS 2 OR DVD REGION X.i think this is what you where asking?

4. jdb34

jdb34 Member

The games I made when I was using Swapmagic still work in the Modded PS2. The games that work are all on DVD +R's, burned at 2.4x. I want to reburn the games and put them on DVD -R so I can burn them at 1x, because as I get farther into the game they skip occasionally.

I guess I wasnt clear enough in my first post.

Question is, shouldn't the version 7 PS2 read dvd -r's? and is there anything special I have to do with the messiah chip.

5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i beleive that the messiah hk needs to be changed to different mode to boot movie backups tyr using thes method

dvd movie boot method for messiah hk
    Place disc in then turn it off. Turn back on the system so the red light is shown. Firmly press the reset button twice to play DVD movie.

6. jdb34

jdb34 Member

Is there some sort of small guide to using this chip?

I was however able to play a movie I burned on a +R

7. hursty

hursty Active member

the messiah is pretty straight forward to use BOOTING PS2 ORIGINALS(CD/DVD/DVD9) BOOTING PS2 BACKUPS(CDR/DVD-R ALL REGIONS) switch on ps2 to standby,press EJECT,insert game,press EJECT or RESET,to close tray and boot game. BOOTING PS1 GAMES(CD/CDR ALL REGIONS) press and hold EJECT FOR ONE SECOND to open tray and set PS1/DVD MODE,press eject to close and boot. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO PLAYING LOCAL REGION DVD/DVD-R MOVIES. PLAYING OUT OF REGION DVD MOVIES(requires suitable boot disc)set PS1/DVD MODE,insert AR2/V2 or GS2/V2 or REGION X,at menu select movie player,press X,exchange for movie backup,press RESET OR EJECT.movie will play DISABLING THE MESSIAH,put in standby mode(red),prees and HOLD EJECT FOR AT LEAST 5 SECONDS,this will open tray and put ps2 into "sleep mode"this function can be used to play PS1 ANTI-MOD PROTECTED GAMES. thats all you should need to know really,any problems you have is purely down,to the quality of the backup.

8. jdb34

jdb34 Member

Thanks for the response, thats pretty straight forward.

But I think I figured out why I can't play the DVD -R that I mentioned in my first few post. I should have noticed this before. The DVD -R media I was using was Compusa 1X. But my burner would only burn at 2x for that type of media. So my burner was over burning that media, which chances are is causing the disc read error. I can't believe I didnt notice this earlier...

Are you sure you need the AR2/V2,GS2/V2, REGION X for the HK chip. Before I bought this modded ps2, the description never mentioned having to do any special booting to play imports. That probably wouldn't tell ya anyways :)

Thanks again for the help.