1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions regarding Panasonic PV-DV203

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by Playboy14, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Playboy14

Playboy14 Member

Hi, I just recently purchased the Panasonic PV-DV203 Digital Camcorder and I have some questions I hope somebody can help me out with.
    First of all, it may seem like a stupid question but I believe that I am only recording in 12 bit (says so on screen) because when I play back what I have recorded on my tv it does not look too good. I mean, there is no big problems with it's appereance but it really does not look any better then my really old VHS-C camcorder that I just sold (I have read reviews that have said that it plays back in almost DVD quality). So is there any way I can get it to record at a higher quality then 12 bit? I have read the entire instruction booklet and can't find anything to show me how to record at the best visual quality.
    Second of all, the movie software that my camcorder came with is just plain horrible. I can only transfer 30 second long clips. So I downloaded Windows Movie Maker 2 and it does not detect my usb video device, although it says it is working properly in my control panel. (The software it came with detects it fine). So if anybody can tell me why WMM 2 does not detect my camcorder or point me in the direction of a good movie making software it would really make my day.
    Any help by anybody who owns the same camcorder as me, or just anybody who knows anything about digital camcorders would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. Playboy14

Playboy14 Member

By the way, when I say my resolution is not good on recorded material I say so after connecting my camcorder to my tv using the AV cables. Thats the only way I know of to watch what I have recorded on my tv (I don't have a dvd burner).