1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questions!!!!!!??????

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sk8tor432, Jun 18, 2007.

1. sk8tor432

sk8tor432 Guest

hi im new to this site an so far its answered alot of my questions about my newly acwired(sp?) psp and it has FW 2.81 an from what i understand is this FW cant be downgraded am i correct?

and iv seen some psps that do homebrew and have a like a remote control in them that alows u to mess wit htvs and such and id liek my psp to be able to do that lol

1. how can i upgrade my fw from 2.81 to something that is capable of being downgraded?
    2. what fw would alow me to do homebrew and remote an such

thanks for any and all help guys!!

:)

2. sk8tor432

sk8tor432 Guest

any one?

3. bagai

bagai Guest

UPGRADE TO 3.03 THEN U CAN DOWNGRADE IT

4. sk8tor432

sk8tor432 Guest

yea but how can i upgrade?!? iv searched an found nothign

5. sk8tor432

sk8tor432 Guest

also what FW is best ? for what i want my psp to be capable of

6. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Well he's right you need to update to 3.03 before you can downgrade. But before you do, you need to know that to downgrade from 3.03 you need an unpatched version of GTA: LCS. This version has the 2.00 update on it (not actually used for anything, just indicates it's the right one). The odds are if you buy one from a store you won't get the unpatched one. Try renting from places or buying and then selling after on ebay. Here's a link to firmware 3.03:
    http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.03-PSP/pg/12/fid/11844/catid/163
    3.03 Downgrader:
    http://dl.qj.net/Downgrader-for-v3.03-PSP-PSP/pg/12/fid/12431/catid/114

After you downgrade you should update to a custom firmware, like 3.40OE-A. A custom firmware has all the features of sony's firmware, only with homebrew capabilities, being able to run backups off the memory stick, and customizing the xmb. As well as other things. Here's a link to the 3.40OE-A easy installer:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1134

Have fun, and good luck!

7. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

you want to upgrade your 2.81 firmware to the official sony 3.03 which can be found at psp-hacks.com, and while you are there, pick up the 3.03 downgrader that is used for downgrading your firmware to 1.50-as well as the dark_alex 3.40OE-a custom firmware-in the meantime you will need to find an unpatched copy of GTA: Liberty City Stories to perform the downgrade.The unpatched version has the FW 2.00 update on it.Try your local eb games/gamestop for that game. Once you get it, then you can go ahead and downgrade your firmware to 1.5-and from there you update to 3.40OE-A which is the latest custom firmware that allows playing games from the memory stick as well as running your homebrew.

**EDIT** sorry I walked away from the computer while composing a reply...echo....echo..echooooo....

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  8. sk8tor432

sk8tor432 Guest

is 3.03 good? b/c i dont think ill be able to find a unpatched version around here
    and would 3.03 be able to do what i want my psp to be able to do?

9. dEEz_nUtz

dEEz_nUtz Regular member

yes, 3.03 is good-but you still need the GTA game to downgrade so you can get the most out of your PSP-ie:homebrew, playing iso games, emulators, etc...etc...try eb games/gamestop, ebay, or try renting it from blockbuster or something..you need the one with the 2.0 FW update.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007