1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick and Easy Question For Vegas Video

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by RandomH, May 8, 2004.

1. RandomH

RandomH Member

For those of you that also use Vegas Video 4, how do I freeze frame?

Thanks in advance.

<i>Update: Okay I figured it out. Thanks anyway </i>

Last edited: May 9, 2004
  2. RandomH

RandomH Member

Okay I figured since I already made a topic, I would post a new, slightly more advanced question.

Using Vegas, is it possible to do a split screen thing, kinda like what Quentin Tarintino uses in some movies? Where one clip is going on the right half of the screen, and another clip plays on the left half? Such as peoples faces, for example.

Thanks

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

No I do not think you can do these Types of effects with Vegas 4, This is the Type of Stuff you would use Effects software for not editing software for..I would suggest trying "Adobe After effects 6" for this type of Stuff....Cheers

4. Hunter007

Hunter007 Regular member

I've used Adobe After Effects 6 for split screen and its quite easy. The only problem, however is the price of the program. You can download a trial from www.adobe.com and use it for 30 days. If you do get the program, post a topic or PM me and I'll help you out.

5. sandflea

sandflea Guest

You can do this in Vegas 4 and it is quite easy. If you want to do just split screen you can have the two pieces of video in two seperate video tracks and then use the pan and crop on each clip and zoom out and move one to the left and one to the right.

The other option is to use 4 video tracks and set a mask above each of the tracks you want to have side by side tha cuts out the are you don't want. You can create the masks in Photoshop and a TGA file, just make sure you don't use square pixels when creating the mask or its size won't match up with the video the way you want.

I've been meaning to put up a tutorial for this on my site but I just haven't gotten around to that yet. I'll try and finish that this weekend and I'll post the link

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2004