1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick consumer question...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by girlweld, Nov 17, 2004.

1. girlweld

girlweld Member

I am still deciding whether to buy an xbox or a ps2. I know the xbox has to be modded to use backups, but does the ps2? I would rather know all this information prior to buying the gaming system. Any advice as to which system to buy would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. bigmac999

bigmac999 Regular member

Yes, PS2 has to be modded to play back-ups, your looking at around £100.00 for chip with fitting. Couldnt really comment on which system is the best as ive never played XBox.

3. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

they both have very strong selling points. i prefer xbox but only just slightly. more xbox games have progressive scan and 5.1 sound. 7/8 games on both systems look better on xbox, BUT ps2 has an outstanding software lineup. from a backup point of view no question the ps2 is easier to deal with from a retail disc in hand perspective. to back up your xbox game to dvd you must put it on the xbox HD (extra loot and configuring hassles) then ftp the files to pc, create an iso then burn...unless you dont need a backup and want to just play from the HD...
    were i you i would look at system exclusive titles and base a choice on those and how much time you want to put into your new hobby