1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick DVD+R question, first post!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DFresh331, Jan 30, 2005.

1. DFresh331

DFresh331 Member

What's up everybody, my first post, and what do you know, i have a question. Just wanted to say you are all very talented in this stuff, keep up all of the great work, and thanks for all the info. Anyway, my question is i just bought Taiyo Yuden 8X dvd+R media. Will this media be able to backup my PS2 games, and will i be able to play them on the PS2. I am using an asus writer, than can do both forms of media, the dvd decrypter, and the swap magic form of PS2 mod. Just wondering if i should have bought 4x or 8x DVD-R media instead of the 8x dvd+R media that i bought. In any case, this media should work for my DVD backups, i hope. Thanks for all your help.

---Fresh

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

I would always recommend 4x max media over 8x. Sometimes 8x media doesn't allow you to burn slow enough to get good backups. Usually want to burn at 1x or 2x to get the best burn. Some can do 4x, but i wouldn't go that fast.

If you have a ps2 v5+ then +r's will work just fine. Some v4's can do +r's some can only do -r's. Any v1-3 can definitely only handle -r's.

3. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

good disks to use for ps2 backups.
    As long as your ps2 is ver 5 and up
    As far as the media you want to burn
    no more than 2x (1x reccomended)
    4x may work but MAY cause excess strain on your laser
    and/or games freezing or skipping.

Good Luck

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  4. DFresh331

DFresh331 Member

thank you as usual for all of your replys!