1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick DVD+R question.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DFresh331, Jan 30, 2005.

1. DFresh331

DFresh331 Member

What's up everybody, my first post, and what do you know, i have a question. Just wanted to say you are all very talented in this stuff, keep up all of the great work, and thanks for all the info. Anyway, my question is i just bought Taiyo Yuden 8X dvd+R media. Will this media be able to backup my PS2 games, and will i be able to play them on the PS2. I am using an asus writer, than can do both forms of media, the dvd decrypter, and the swap magic form of PS2 mod. Just wondering if i should have bought 4x or 8x DVD-R media instead of the 8x dvd+R media that i bought. In any case, this media should work for my DVD backups, i hope. Thanks for all your help.

---Fresh

2. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

TY is great media... as for will it work, that depends on your PS2. if yours is able to read DVD+r disks then its perfectly fine, however some cannot read them. yes you will be able to backup the games, its a matter of being able to read them. mine prefers to have DVD-r (they just seem to work better). as for the speed, it is better to burn it slow, youll have less chance for error that way. its all a matter of what your PS2 prefers.