1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick help needed

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jtg80, Dec 4, 2004.

1. jtg80

jtg80 Guest

im about to go and exchange some dvd=r that i bought on sale before i doscovered this site and realized that the different brands meant alot of difference but im reading about all these different kinds of dvdr and different codes such as mmc cmc and was wondering if someone could just give me a couple surefire brands to go buy and not have to worry probaly heading to ciruit city or best buy so help please

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

hey jtg80, so you want a surefire brand? Since you are going to a store,check for country it was manufactured. You want media made in japan. Mcc is in japan and so is maxell's yellow tops -4x,mxlrg02.These are 1st class media.If the media is made in taiwan,india,ireland,and etc-then you might want to stay away from these. Most brands of media are divvied up between different manufacturers.Maxell's are made by 4 companies,but all are highly reputatable.Staples has these yellow tops on sale right now in my area.They burn sweet and play great in my stand alones. Lower quality media may look ok on your pc,but on a stand alone,the problems begin.I also like Verbatim +8x code mcc-oo3.Between these and the maxell's,I won't be trying anything else for a while. Later

3. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

You should look online to see what your burner prefers, but overall safe brands at your retail stores would be Fuji, TDK, Verbatim, Maxell, and Sony. Poor quality media would be Memorex and Philips. Stay away from the store brands like Kypermedia - even if they burn, unless you are willing to test every disc, you cannot trust that the data will be readable when you go back to it.

4. jtg80

jtg80 Guest

thanks guys got some verabaums and thery work perfect but the were made in taiwan i heard there not supposed to be ok if made there only japan

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member