1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick kinect/CFW question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Just10Jor, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Just10Jor

Just10Jor Member

Just got the kinect this morning and was wondering this. If i hook up the kinect with my offline modded xbox (LT+2.0) will it re-flash my firmware back to stock with the firmware with the update it brings?

Thanks you and happy holidays to you all

2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

1) No it wont unless you hook it up to xbox live which will then force you to do a dashboard update on your console or play a game that requires a higher dashboard than the one you have now on your console

2) Do you know what dashboard version you are on now? Because XGD2 Kinect Games are between Wave 8-13 which means they contain the 2.0.12413.0-2.13599.0 update on the disc which will enable AP2.5 on certain games or flash your dvd drive to a new firmware depending on the version.

3) So make sure you check as the 2.0.13146.0-2.0.13599.0 will flash your slim firmware and lock the SPI requiring you to buy the Xecuter Replacement PCB or the SPUTNIK360 Unlock Switch/Probe depending on whether your drive has a Winbond or a MXIC chip

4) What Kinect game are you thinking of playing?

I await your success

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  3. Just10Jor

Just10Jor Member

I'm on dashboard 2.0.13599.0. Will I be able to play these kiinect games without them reflashing my xbox?

As far as games I want to play, I wanted to play child of eden and the dance central games. For some reason, girls LOVE dance central for reasons I will never understand

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011