1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QUICK!!! need help with a big problem THANKS!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by DEVINRL, Sep 2, 2007.

1. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

i upgraded my cousins friends psp to a 3.52 m33-4... threw on backups. w.e.. everything was cool. He asked me to throw on my same circular xmb icon theme to his friends psp so i said ok. But i didnt make a backup of the flash0 and when i flashed over the files.. everything looked good but USB CONNECTION.. SYSTEM SETTINGS... THEME SETTINGS... PHOTO SETTING.SECURITY SETTINGS. RSS CHANNEL. DATE AND TIME.POWER SAVE SETTINGS. SOUND SETTINGS. AND VIDEO SETTINGS..everything except network update and network settings dont work... photos, video, game, internet browser work though.. when you press X it doesnt do nothing? Whats going on? anybody know a way i can fix this??? i was going to go with reinstalling m33-4 but can i just do the m33-4 update on m33-4?? or do i have to go to 1.5 then go to m33-4 again? because the mee-4 update only takes 10 seconds to complete.
    thanks in advance

Last edited: Sep 2, 2007
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you can't access anything then more then likely you will need to go back to 1.50 then back to 3.52 M33 then to 3.52 M33-4.

To do this you will need a recovery folder in the ms0:/PSP/GAME folder. if you can't access the USB on the Menu then you need to go into recovery mode and enable USB toggle so you can place the RECOVERY folder in the ms0:/PSP/GAME directory.

You can download the RECOVERY folder HERE.

After you place the recovery folder in the ms0:/PSP/GAME directory disable the USB toggle then go down to run game at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT>PBP

Then follow the on screen directions to recover to 1.50 then upgrade back to 3.52 M33 then to 3.52 M33-4.

Make sure the theme your using is 3.52 M33 compatible. If it is a theme for 3.40 OE then it can screw up the XMB.

If there is an easier way to fix your issue then i am sure someone will come along and let you know. Then I can learn something new as well.

3. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

the theme is for 3.5x m33.. and he was at 3.52 m33-4... thanks for the quick help by the way.. so i download the recovery folder.. put it in.. PSP>>GAME>> [recovery folder] ? then just run it at psp/game/eboot? alright ive tried doing this a long time ago. but it never worked.. im going to give it a shot.. thanks
    >> by the way you cant just go redo the 3.52 m33 update??? form m33-4??? because i usually dont use easy installers but i got this one on my laptop. so your saying going back to 1.50 is a must?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The 3.52 M33-4 update probably wont work. It just adds the fixes to the base of the 3.52 M33 CFW.

I don't know what the outcome would be if you ran the 3.52 M33 creator again and then apply the update without going to 1.50. I would go back to 1.50 just to be safe.

As I said all you do is put the RECOVERY folder that you download from the link above and place it in the ms0:/PSP/GAME folder.

Then go into recovery and select "RUN PROGRAM AT /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP and follow the on screen directions. You will recover back to 1.50 then update to 3.52 M33 as normal then update to 3.52 M33-4.

5. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

ok but i wasnt talking about running the easy installer for 3.52
    m33-4.. i was talking about the easy installer for 3.52 m33. the m33-4 update is just the update. ill just go to 1.50 anyways to be safe. I cant even check how much battery life i have.. haha. Im just waiting. and ill let you know. thanks for the quick help though. much appreciated.
    >>> alright. I very much appreciate the fast link. You came just in time. Im up at 3.52 m33 now. I should just try to flash over the theme w/ 3.52 m33 instead of the update 4. thanks!

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Don't you have another PSP handy? Check the battery level in that.

If its over 75% then use that battery in the PSP your trying to recover. It might not even matter if your using the recovery folder. I don't know if there is a battery check in recovery mode to check to see what the battery level is at like M33 does.

7. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

does m33 even have a recovery where you can see the battery? i also have another custom recovery where you can see alot of different stuff like battery like and temperature and others. Anyways, your a life saver for that recovery link in the quickness. I just left it at 3.52 m33 instead of the update 4. Everythings perfect. evertyhing works at i still have the theme he wanted. Thanks a lot. You came just in time. Oh and good idea about my other 2 psps but they had low bat anyway. I still forgot about it though. ahhah Thanks!