1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick noob question

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by NikJ, Jun 29, 2007.

1. NikJ

NikJ Member

hey guys, i used to know a lot about downgrading psp and whatnot way back in 2005 but i havent used one since so now im a complete noob with all this stuff.. i was bored just now and decided to see what new stuff's been going on with the psp and i can see theres a lot lol.. i was browsing over this forum and i see that you guys provide tons of amazing help so i decided to join

i'm thinking of getting a psp soon (which im assuming stores only sell 3.50's?) so just wanted to know if theres anything i should be aware of in case i end up buying a psp that i cant do anything with like not being able to downgrade.. thnx in advance

2. shadow270

shadow270 Guest

theres a really slim chance of getting a fw 3.50 psp from stores, since the update cam out a month ago or so.youll probably get 3.10 or somwhere near that,though my friend bought a new psp 2 months ago and had fw 2.01 on it..

just make sure you buy it before the 3.51 fw psp come in the store.

3. NikJ

NikJ Member

oh okay.. but just to be sure, can anything thats out right now be downgraded? and what's "OE-B" and "OE-A"?

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Anything up to 3.50 can. OE is open edition, a custom firmware dark_alex made. Simply put, that's where you want to be.

5. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

but to downgrade be sure to pick up a copy of lumines...
    500 POSTS!! YAY!!!

6. NikJ

NikJ Member

lol congratulations, and thanks a lot for the help guys i really appreciate it