1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question - 3.4oea/1.5 issue

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by scat19, Jun 30, 2007.

1. scat19

scat19 Member

This is my first post!

I bought a PSP for a long flight to the uk from canada and I had upgraded to 3.50 FW to play Socom (requires 3.50fw), as I am an avid downloader of torrents I found you could download PSP games and I started to read about it. I was dissappointed that 3.5 could not be downgraded, then 2 hours later a release from noobz - i quickly searched the city and bought lumines.

I downgraded to 1.5 - Everything OK, did not brick, but I had a screen issue. It would illuminate for 1-2 seconds then go black... If i pluged in the power/usb cable, and removed the power, it would show the main menu etc....

I upgraded to 3.40oea right away, but the problem happened again, I guessed to hit x to continue to patch my mobo, and guessed to hit x again to continue upgrading (fear of bricking, i didnt want to turn off/etc.)

So - I get to 3.40oea, I have 8 games on a 4gb card, everything is ok - when i go to oea menu (to set mhz of cpu etc.) the screen went blank!! plugged in power/usb, removed, the scren came back....

Put IRSHELL into game150 - it will start, show for 2 sceconds, and go blacnk... plug in usb/power, remove, it will show..

Every time I go to 1.5 mode (or when i had 1.5 installed), it would go blank unless i use the power.usb trick

Sorry for long post, please help! Girlfriend seems to think controlling our 42 lcd tv is cool with psps haha.

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Your lucky, nice you found out how to downgrade etc. without posting retarded threads like most people on here! I applaud you! That's weird that updating to 3.40OE-A didn't fix the problem...you could try re-installing 3.40OE-A..?

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hmmm...until recently messing with a friends psp the same thing happened to me also.Everytime I'm in 1.50 firmware the screen turns black,but after about 10 or 15 seconds it shows the screen again.If I hit any button or move the directional buttons the screen turns black again and then I have to wait another 10 to 15 seconds just to see what I'm doing.I find it very strange also,and would like to figure out what is causing this issue.If I'm in 3.40 firmware the screen never turns black,so it must have something to do with the idstorage change or something like that with firmware 1.50 I think.

4. scat19

scat19 Member

lets keep this at the top. Someone must have an answer for us, 3.40oea is a great fw but im looking to run some 1.5fw programs....

I used to hack pc games so im no noob at this - thanks for the props glenquag.

5. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

You're welcome. What might work even though I have no idea if it will or not, is using the flash1 formatter.