1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question...About dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by arnsk10, Jan 15, 2005.

1. arnsk10

arnsk10 Guest

Does anyone know a site you can download movies from so then later i could put it on to a blank dvd-r? The movies needa be good quality and safe for my computer.
    Thanks again
    John

2. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

Try looking into Bit Torrent or IRC.

3. brobear

brobear Guest

And with Bit Torrent being under close scrutiny and people being threatened with disconnect, I would be careful about that. A friend of mine just recieved a warning where a group in bit torrent got busted.

4. maven1975

maven1975 Regular member

As for downloading, well it dont matter what you use.

At the end of the day the ISP will be able to track your bandwidth being used and if needed whoever monitors this stuff can get a court order for the ISP to disclose the information of the person.

This is what is happening with a lot of users who mass upload all the MP3's etc, this is how they are caught.

At the end of the day if you wanna download you have to take the risks that come with it no matter what the source is as everything on the net is trackable back to your ISP and therefore directly to you.

5. brobear

brobear Guest

Good info for the newbie to know. We usually take the tracing part for granted. And just think, not too long ago people thought they were entering the web with anonymity. Big Brother watches. LOL

6. brobear

brobear Guest

Guess that Big Brother business really isn't funny. I'm not really in favor of the government's interventiion into a lot of things.

7. arnsk10

arnsk10 Guest

r u saying that its not allowed to download dvd's?

8. brobear

brobear Guest

That's about it.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

That's pretty much it. Look to the Digital Millenium Copyright Act and the Fair Use clause of the current copyright laws. There's a thread on here named "Is this legal" that goes over the subject.