1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick question about quality settings in shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by fishbulb, Jan 18, 2005.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

in dvd shrink under "backup" and then "quality settings," do "perform deep analysis" and "compress video with high quality adaptive error compensation" serve the same purpose? it takes soooo long when using both of them. even using just one takes quite alot of time. if i was only going to use one to improve the picture on the burned dvd, which one would it be. or would it even matter? does one work faster than the other?

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

The reason for the deep analysis is for more accurate compresion, the reason for adaptive error compensation is to improve the way the final looks after it has been compressed. I don't use either option if compression is 98% or above. If it is between 90% and 98% I will click the deep analysis option only. Anything below 90% I use both. I like the default(sharp) option for compensation. The lower the % is from 100 in compression, the longer deep analysis and encoding takes to complete.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  3. zippyd

zippyd Active member