1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick question about slimline/swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by knifeside, May 13, 2007.

1. knifeside

knifeside Member

After nearly electrocuting myself from trying to fix my old ps2 I bought a new slimline and also going to get swap magic with it. The thing is its advertised with the magic keys or whatever that goes in it and a optional flip top. I can see the old ps2 needing a flip top but is it necessary for the slim? If so whats the point because there is already one on the ps2.

heres the link

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Fliptop is not the only way for slim. You can also use magiech switch.

Swapmagic3.com

Mod-Chip.com

3. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

What the keys do is hold the sensors in place without the system knowing you have the lid up so you can swap your SM disc for a backed-up game/import. If you want to do a tissue mod, which there are clear instructions how to do so around here somewhere, the main ones you should be worrying about is the on/reset button on the slim PS2 you can easily hold down with a tissue, the disc break -- the thing to the right of the laser on the slimline -- held back to the right firmly in place, and the magic switch, which is underneath the left hinge of the flip top, here. So you see, no need for a custom lid or keys. You can easily get materials around your house and do the blocking yourself.