1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question about updates

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Xcalamyte, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Xcalamyte

Xcalamyte Regular member

Ive had my xbox modded for a while and every time an update comes out I revert back to stock,update and flash again. On this last update I just downloaded the update and updated from a flash drive, I even took the wireless adapter off before doing it. Is this method safe to do or should I continue to revert back to stock before updates? I have a Hitachi drive and it was fine after the update.

2. Joe_1981

Joe_1981 Regular member

No need to flash back to stock first. The worst the update could do is re-flash your drive to stock, which you've been doing anyway. If the update does re-flash your drive back to stock just flash it again with custom firmware. All you're doing is adding in an extra step, which is unnecessary.

3. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Well, it depends, actually some people say it's safer, but I wouldn't do it either if I were you.

4. Xcalamyte

Xcalamyte Regular member

Cool. Thanks guys, I was doing that for 3 xboxes and it is time consuming. Ill stick with just updating normally and just reflash if I have to.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member