1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question concerning replacing the 360's drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by DraTs, Nov 25, 2007.

1. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Can it be done? Simply put, I got a new xbox made last month... I was looking forward to the 360 because I wouldnt have to install a mod chip, and yet come to find out the newer hitachis (mine is a hitachi) require installation of a mod chip... so I am just curious if I can just order another drive for the 360, flash it with the extreme firmware, and just put it in the 360 and have it work... or is there more to it? Or can having a different type of drive even be done? I have been reading, but it just seems the more I read on xbox 360 flashing and modding, the more confused I get.

When I ordered the 360, the last I had known, all 360s were flashable and no need of a mod chip, and now I am just extremely frustrated to know that the drive I have will require a mod chip.

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

You can do something that is called a "Spoof" which makes your 360 think that it's a Hitachi Drive inside when it's really a different drive (like a Samsung or BenQ)!

3. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Damn, that sounds complicated.. lol. Man I was looking forward to the simplistic mod for the 360. Oh well lol. Anyhow, thanks , I'll see if I can find a guide on how to do that.