1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question in file conversion

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by raliqer, Nov 11, 2011.

1. raliqer

raliqer Member

I copied my Mario Party 8 and saved the .wbfs file onto my external hard drive. My hard copy of the game was loaned to a friend and subsequently "lost." (great friend, I know) I have copied the .wbfs file courtesy of the FTP function on the Wii. However I am having difficulty creating a playable ISO from the .wbfs file. If anyone has any advice in this regards please let me know. Currently I am using ImgBurn and it says that it is creating an image but then the image fails to be usable. Thanks for the help in advance guys.

2. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

1) Wii's will not play backup discs without being softmodded and using an appropriate program (eg neogamma)

2) New Wii's will NEVER play backup discs as their disc drives have detection in them to prevent it.

Are you converting the wbfs back to an iso?

3. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

do you have an iso or just the wbfs file? if its just the wbfs file you need to run it through wii back up manager (google, its free) and convert it to iso then burn with imgburn. that will be why imgburn is failing to burn it coz you don't have the iso. also take in to consideration whatkitty mat said

4. raliqer

raliqer Member

Wii Backup Manager solved my problem. Thanks guys

5. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

glad your sorted