1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question - Mode B using Slax on V47 Hitachi Drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by kutos85, Apr 19, 2007.

1. kutos85

kutos85 Member

After many hrs I finally got my Drive into mode B. Only problem is that the drive wants to stay open. Everytime I try to close the drive it will try to load up a disc then eject again. I was just wondering if I can flash the drive with it open or if I did something wrong. I know its the right drive I checked the properties and it matches.

2. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

u say ur drive keeps opening even when u hit eject it just just keeps opening as far as i know u shuldnt flash ur drive with it open
    and if it keeps opening it might not b in mode properly
    for the hitachi version 47 u culd by the xbox360usb thats what i did
    or just try to get it into mode b again mate

3. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

if once u have loaded the slax disc and booted on ur pc do u press eject if u get the message spinning disc u nee to press eject when it prompts this and slax should keep loading
    and when u press the eject button do u need to press it twice for the tray to open if not then i dont think u have in mode b it shuld take u twice to press the eject button to open or close the dvdtray

4. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

or if once u have mode b and u r sure ur drive is in mode b into windows dont forget to take the slax cd out this should solve ur problem nd with the slax cd out and once ur windows loading bar shows eject the tray a couple of times

5. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Immy_2k thats wrong. You are indeed in mode b. However to flash your drive you need to use Maximus firmware tookit. Also its true you CANT flash your drive with it open. To close it press the eject button once which should do nothing. Then push manually the drive in. Then it should be stuck in the closed state. Hehe took me a few hours to figure that one out myself!!

Lecsiy

6. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

oh i was replying to why the drive kept opening or loading just tried to point out a few tips to the problem
    using slax is just to put it into mode b nothing else for hitachi drive u use garyopa extreme firmware2.3 dont ya thats what i used i thought u only used the tool kite for other drive

hitachi 36,40,46,47,58,59 drives use MaximusGaryopaXTRMHITACHI_v2_3_Stealth Revision 2 to flash

7. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

so we were both right :)

8. immy_2k

immy_2k Regular member

lol good work u helped em out i use the x360usb with kv2 easiest way for mode b and to flash

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

I've flashed many of Hitachi drives with Slax and a SIL3112a PCI SATA card with the damn drive open. Explain that ;)

I use opa 2.3 rev2

10. lecsiy

lecsiy Regular member

Argh ye im getting drives confused. My bad.. Sorry everyoe my advice:

Is for a V 0075 Hitahci!