1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question on FIFA 2005 and Metal Gear Solid 3 !!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Halberd, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Halberd

Halberd Member

Hey guys,

I've been away from the gaming scene for a few months, hooked on world of warcraft, and haven't paid much attention to new techniques etc..

I'm looking to back-up both FIFA 2005 and MGS3, but I just want to know, before I go wasting discs, if there are any hitches or problems with these 2 games?

Any info is GREATLY appreicated, thanks alot!

2. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

FIFA I'm pretty sure you need a patch! Metal Gear Solid 3 WORKS LIKE A CHARM WITH NO SPECIAL TECHNIQUES TO BURN!

3. Halberd

Halberd Member

okey...any idea where I can get the patch and how to apply it? I'll get to work on MGS3 now then ;)

4. Nitecrawl

Nitecrawl Guest

my copy of metal gear solid 3 is not working. i am using tdk dvd-r media. I use swap magic 3.3 and have ripped and burned the iso with dvd decryptor. when i try to boot it, it just goes red for a split second and then goes black. sometimes the screen flickers after that, but no luck. Can anyone help?

5. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

I have no idea what you are doing then...I am using DVDDecrypter like everyone else...you read ISO...Then write ISO! it works great for everyone...i used maxell dvd-r and burnt at 4x...

6. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Oh and the patch for FIFA....go here www.swapmagicfix.com it will link you to ps2nfo.com then create a login name and download the patch..oh and youll need some software to load the patch..i got it but i forgot what it was called try searching itll be there

7. kingade

kingade Member

you kan also rebuild the game using these two guides:

8. Nitecrawl

Nitecrawl Guest

I figured it out! I simply needed to use Alcohol 120% to burn it and DVD Decryptor to rip it. I know...I thought DVD DEcryptor could do both jobs, but my ps2 didn't like it I guess.

9. Halberd

Halberd Member

Hrrrm, I'm woerking on FIFA 2005 not FIFA Street...

I know Street does need a patch, but does 2005?

10. kingade

kingade Member

you might wana s=do a quick search see if any one else has tried to back it up. or u do it and tell us how it goes

11. Halberd

Halberd Member

I did a search and nothing showed up, so I've done it ymself and works without a hitch, does not need dvdloader or anything, so I'm pleased :)