1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick question...please help me out here??

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Vplayer, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Vplayer

Vplayer Member

yesterday i saw this mp3 cd player, and on the box it said you can put 490 songs on one CD?? How the heck is that possible...the most i can do is 166 using Nero.

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

What encoding bit rate did it say that number was estamated from? It sounds like BS. Each Mp3 would have to be just over 1 MB in size.

Ced

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

I suppose you could fit 500 songs if you encode it with a bitrate so low it sounds like AM radio quality, which would be pretty much pointless

4. Vplayer

Vplayer Member

i don't know much about mp3 in detail such as bit rate...but this mp3 cd player was a Sony Product, with fm/am/tv tuner and after price cut it was like 64 something...so i was just looking at it on the front of the box it says 490 songs on one CD....i don't think its bs though

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

its probably not BS, but I guarantee you the sound quality will be awful with 490 songs. If its Sony it probably uses ATRAC3 format. Whats the model no of the product?

6. Vplayer

Vplayer Member

I don't remember the model number or anything...but it was pretty expensive and very good looking