1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick Question please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by pleashelp, Mar 1, 2005.

1. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

I'm trying to put music on my hdd to play in games like madden 05 and fight night 2 but m i have the thompson dvd drive so it wont read the burned cd's.
    I want to ftp them to the xbox can someone tell me what folder they need to go in is it just f:/mp3 or what?? my xbox is modded and i know how to do everything i just dont know what folder.
    and do i have to convert them to some other format than mp3?

thanks

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

E:\TDATA\fffe0000

^That is where

And .wma files I do believe.

Im not sure if you can simply drag the files over. You may need to overwrite some music files that are currently there(Someone correct me if im wrong).

By this I mean: When you rip a song to the xbox, it names them someting like 000001.wma. So if you wanted your song to be able to play, you would have to overwrite the 000001.wma file with a different song. So for however many songs you wanted to FTP, you would have to create "dummy songs" by making copies of songs already on your HDD so you can overwrite them.

If that makes any sense.

3. pleashelp

pleashelp Member

ok thanks for the help ill try that

4. williej

williej Regular member

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

just get the xbox soundtrack manager,then all you would have to do is convert the songs you want on your xbox to WMA ( I use dbpoweramp) and then this app with ftp the songs to your soundtracks on the micro$oft dash where the in game music is stored. Crazy fast too,once you have a cd (or song) converted to WMA it takes about 45seconds to a minute to transfer a whole cd to your xbox. Way better than waiting forever doing it the old way.