1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QUICK QUESTION WITH 2.0 AND DRIVE SWAP

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by zpaitsel, Oct 4, 2011.

1. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

Ok I know it says newbie but i'm pretty verse in flashing drives, Done it many times and spoofed ect... but here is my question..

If i have a pre-78 Hitachi .. 59dj i think it is without opening it.. If I replaced the drive with a benq and placed 2.0 f/w for benq on the drive with my key, which characteristic's would the drive take? the Hitachi or the Benq?

Basically live safe or not.. (makes no difference) would the console then boot the xgd3 rips or not if the drive was replaced with a benq not spoofed but with original or 2.0 f/w for the benq???

2. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

i have had good luck with that method in the past, but have not checked it on the newer firmwares, if not worried about live give it a try and report back, it should work fine.

3. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

will do, i'll see what happens and let you guys know i just didn't know if anyone had tried it yet..

4. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Spoofing works. I used a Benq with 2.0 spouted as a Lite-on 360 and XGD3 and ap2.5 backups worked.

5. TonyJer

TonyJer Regular member

Hi

It's been a long day for me so probably a bit tired now. I'm just confused by the terminology used here. Why does this replacing the drive not constitue spoofing.

6. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

Well I just figured that spoofing would make the drive act as the original? am I incorrect on that?

7. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

Well I dont believe you have to spoof the drive as the original in order to get the drive to read as long as you imput the correct dvd info when flashing.

8. peluynati

peluynati Regular member

that is correct, keep the drive as original and just input the drive key to it, it will work fine.

9. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

thanks much.. +1

10. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Spoofing is only termed as "spoofed" if you use a different brand drive. Example: replacing a benQ with a liteon = spoofing. It is not spoofing if you use the same drive type.

11. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

WHAT??? then why would you have to spoof it as another drive in JF? makes no sense at all changing drives = spoofing... am I confused about something here..When you choose manual spoof you can make the drive recognize as another to the 360 .. that's what i thought spoofing was.. maybe I am incorrect but i was pretty sure anyway.

12. TonyJer

TonyJer Regular member

Well by your definition this guy is spoofing since he is "replacing" a Hit with a Benq. However, he has a more subtle distinction which is that he is simply using his key to flash the new drive with Benq LT 2.0. Have I got that right? If so I suggest this is what thousands do and call it spoofing!(Unless a guru issues an edict which stipulates that it's only spoofing when you inject the original key into the new key and then flash the result with CFW.

13. snickle

snickle Regular member

Im surprised you got that to work, my Benq spoofed as a liteon with 2.0 gives me the E66 error.

14. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

Trust me, I'm right. JF doesn't lie.

15. eebeejay

eebeejay Regular member

The definition of spoof is to imitate or mock.

Replacing a Lite-On with a BenQ means the BenqQ has to imitate the Lite-On.

If you replace a drive with the same model the drive acts normal, which is not a spoof.

16. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

Thanks much for the clarification.. I will be testing this tonight and report back what happens with the F/W..let you guys know tomorrow..

17. SONA007

SONA007 Member

Hi People ! Nice Topic though . I have a Phat xBox with Liteon 93450c.After 13146 update the firmware on the drive became 0251c.I had replaced the LiteOn with a BenQ and so far it works fine.So far I have not updated to latest dash 13599 but while flashing Firmware to BenQ I spoofed the BenqQ origional firmware with the DVD Key of my xbox.Then I used that Saved Stock Firmware of BenQ with DVD Key of my xbox as Source and Copied the DVD Key on Lt Plus 2.0 firmware in Target and went ahead with erase and flash.Checked the games older and newer (including GOWs 3] and they seem to be running fine.[No Ap2.5 Games have been checked so far].
    Just wanted to provide my 2 cents on this.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  18. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

OK IT'S OFFICIAL// UP AND WORKING LIKE A CHAMP!!!TRIED SPACE MARINE AND GOW3 LAST NIGHT NO PROBLEMS!

19. snickle

snickle Regular member

So, let me get this straight, people are spoofing Benq's (benq is the physical drive) as liteon's (logical) with 2.0 and their xgd3 games are booting up?

20. zpaitsel

zpaitsel Regular member

NO, I simply replaced the drive used benq 2.0 f/w (did not spoof as hitachi or any other drive). simply flashed firmware to drive with my dvd key and poof! booting new games(backups and originals).

Also want to add that I am on the current dash.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011