1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

quick question...

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by ger08, Feb 5, 2005.

1. ger08

ger08 Member

can i use dvd shrink to burn movies that i have downloaded are does it have to be from a real dvd?

2. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

DVD Shrink does NOT burn. It only rips and compresses. You'd need something like nero, or DVD Decrypter if you were burning ISO and Image format files.

3. ger08

ger08 Member

right i know that but heres my situation i recently put a movie i downloaded and an episode of family guy on a dvd but it wont play in any of my dvd players and i was wonderin if i could use dvd shrink to fix this?

4. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

If you've downloaded them they're most likely in Avi or Mpg format. You will have to use a program like DivxToDvd or DvdSanta to convert them to Dvd compliant files. If they're small enough to fit on one dvd you could use Nero which converts it for you.

5. ger08

ger08 Member

so let me get this straight....by using nero i dont have to use tmpgenc to turn in into a readable file that will play on my dvd player once burnt to a dvd? it will do all that for me?

6. OU812Ono

OU812Ono Regular member

I use Nero Smart Start. If you have a version with the option to make a VCD or SVCD that should be all you need to make a CD that would play on most dvd players. Just load the file and it converts and burns it for you. Now if the file's too large you will have to compress it, or burn to dvd.

If you want to burn to a DVD you could convert them with Tmpgenc Dvd Author,Dvd Santa, DivxtoDvd..... and make a compilation disc with shrink. Then burn with program of choice.

Now I'm not sure this is the best/fastest way, but I don't download movies. I only make VCD's and SVCD's from internet shows or home movies for friends, none of which are ever real large in size.